Millennium Science are hosting two 30 minute seminars at JCSMR, Seminar Room 2 on Thursday 27th November.
The first seminar is at 11:00 – 11:30 and will present the C1 Single Cell Auto-Prep System. The C1 allows you to load your cells (which have been sorted via FACS or grown in cell culture etc) into a Fluidigm C1 chip and then process 96 single cells and for DNA or RNA analyses.
These steps can include;
- loading and separating the 96 cells into individual chambers
- QC to verify the number of captured cells and distinguish live and dead cells
- Lyse cells (without requiring RNA purfication)
- Reverse transcribe cDNA and preamplify
- Harvesting your sample for other applications
Downstream applications include;
- Single cell gene expression via realtime PCR
- Single cell mRNA sequencing
- Single cell DNA sequencing
- Single cell miRNA profiling
The second seminar is at 12:00 – 12:30 and will present the Irys System to be used for whole genome structural mapping. This is an imaging system which linearizes extremely long DNA molecules for direct observation of long range architectural and organisational information in complex genomes.