We recommend these articles from around the world as useful starting points for unexpected problems.
DNA Sequencing Software
A number of software programs are available for viewing and editing chromatograms.
- Sequencher for Mac and Windows (JCSMR has a site licence for this software). Please contact JCSMR IT (x52335) to get it installed on your computer.
- Applied Biosystems Sequencing Analysis 5.3.1 for Windows XP and SeqScape V2.6 (Sequencing Analysis, alignment, mutation profiling) available from Applied Biosystems.
- Genemapper 3.7 for Windows XP is available for Microsatellite, AFLP and RFLP analysis available from Applied Biosystems.
Other Analysis Programs include:
- Sequence Scanner (Sequencing Analysis) and Peak Scanner (Fragment Analysis) for PC
- EditView 1.0.1 for Mac (Applied Biosystems) for viewing and editing chromatograms (Macintosh OS 9.x, 1.5 Mbytes).
- FinchTV for viewing and editing chromatograms (Macintosh OS X, Windows, Linux).
- Chromas software (Windows/DOS)
- BioEdit Biological sequence alignment editor for Windows 95/98/NT.
- Genedoc a multiple sequence alignment editor, analyser, and shading utility for Windows.
- STRand (Fragment Analysis) for PC
- Traceviewer for Mac, PC or Unix